Location: White Rock
Novii Counselling & Consulting
My style of counselling is down-to-earth and practically based. I work hard to ensure my clients are comfortable and get what they need from the counselling process. With 36 years of experience and continual training, I have a wide range of tools, techniques, strategies, and therapeutic modalities to offer. My work is trauma informed with a focus on relationship, support, safety, and non-judgment.
Born and raised in Alberta, and somewhat of an adventurous dreamer, I packed my belongings at age 29 to move to BC so that I could be closer to the ocean. An avid paddle-boarder, much of my off-time is spent on the ocean, SUP touring, exploring, SUP surfing or down winding. I believe in and promote the power of the outdoors to provide healing. When not on the ocean I can otherwise be found in the forest or on a trail with my dog Reece who has been part of my practice for 10 years now. I have experienced numerous losses and transitions in my own life, including the loss of my brother, father and mother, and am familiar with the challenges of divorce and single-parenting.
My Experience Includes:
- Work with first responders-paramedics, fire, police, medical and SPCA
- I contract to BCEHS, Fraser Health and the BCSPCA
- Individual and group critical incident stress debriefing
- Worksafe BC, Fraser Health, Morneau Shepell
- Work with numerous EAP organizations and private practice work with adults and adolescents in the areas of acute trauma, PTSD, anxiety, depression, cumulative stress, workplace issues, bullying and harassment, self-esteem, grief and loss, pre and post separation and divorce, infidelity, adolescent issues, domestic violence and women’s issues, perfectionism, stress management, life transitions, assertiveness, relationship issues, addictions, and personal growth.
- Extensive experience in substance addictions with adults and adolescents, and those affected
- Extensive work adolescents, street and at risk youth in both Alberta and BC
- I am a registered Crime Victim Assistance and RHAP provider.
A Sampling of my specialized trainings Include:
- EMDR-Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing
- Addictions Certification
- Crisis Management
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Mindfulness and Depression
- Level 1 and 2 Certification for working with first responders
- Treating Trauma Master Series
- Suicide Prevention
How It All Adds Up
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
Location: Broughton Archipelago
Photo Credit: Linda Yauk
I’ve worked with youth and adults who’ve endured, survived and learned to thrive despite walking through some of the most difficult experiences imaginable. Life can place some major challenges in our way. It is our response that shows our mettle, our mistakes that help us learn, our moving forward with hope that hints at our strength. Sometimes we can use someone to walk beside us, to help us to see things in a new way, to support or encourage us when we are tired or feel like giving up, to open a doorway we hadn’t seen, and to help us process and integrate our experiences so that their power over us diminishes. That’s where I come in. That’s where counselling can help. You don’t have to climb that mountain alone.
I offer in-person, video and telephonic sessions to clients. If you are attending a session in-person, you’ll also get to enjoy the company of my companion and therapeutic partner Reece. Dogs have been always been a part of my life and I’ve had the joy and honor of providing a home for some exceptional animals. Without question, I believe in their powers of healing.
Meet our team
“There is no standard for normal. Normal is subjective. There are seven billion versions of normal on this planet.” – Matt Haig
If I were to define myself with two words, they would be: “adventurous dreamer.”I have lived life pursuing my dreams, sometimes in the face of great adversity, and continue to do so while I assist others who wish to overcome the challenges and obstacles life places in their path.
The power of two is always greater than the power of one. Her ability to love unconditionally far surpasses that of humans. She never says the wrong thing. And, if you’re not afraid of dogs, she can help lower your blood pressure, calm you down, and make you feel good.